Lionel Messi: Argentina forward to leave Paris St-Germain at end of season.





 Lionel Messi will leave Paris Saint- Germain at the end of the season when his contract expires, sources told ESPN.   Last month, ESPN reported that Messi was doubtful to  subscribe a new contract with the club, and sources have now said that both parties have agreed not to extend his stay with the French  titleholders.  - Stream on ESPN LaLiga, Bundesliga,  further(U.S.)   According to the sources, the Argentina  transnational has been suspended by PSG for two weeks for missing training on Monday to travel to Saudi Arabia.   After PSG's 3- 1 defeat to Lorient-- their third loss in their  once four league games-- Messi flew to Saudi Arabia without asking again for  authorization, sources told ESPN, meaning he couldn't attend training Monday.   The incident further complicated the relationship between the player and the club. Sources told ESPN the situation created pressure within the dressing room, with some players unhappy about the incident.   Sources said that an agreement in principle was  set up between PSG and Messi before the World Cup for him to  subscribe a new deal in Paris, but the situation has since changed.   Messi, 35, has failed to replicate his excellent World Cup form with PSG and the club  mistrustfulness whether Messi can still deliver in big titleholders League matches.   Sources told ESPN that there's an offer from Saudi Arabia for Messi and he's  apprehensive of interest from former club Barcelona and Major League Soccer club Inter Miami.   Barcelona are looking into the possibility ofre-signing Messi, although LaLiga president Javier Tebas advised that the league will not change its  fiscal  show play rules to allow him to return. 


Lionel Messi will leave Paris St-Germain this summer at the end of his current contract.


The Argentine World Cup winner had reached an 'agreement in principle' to extend his stay for another year but neither club nor player now want to sign the deal.


Messi is unconvinced the club can compete at the top of the European game, due to financial issues, while the French champions want to focus on developing young talent.


He signed a two-year deal in Paris in 2021 with an option to renew for another year but that will now not be activated.


It is understood his father Jorge Messi informed Paris St-Germain's football advisor Luis Campos a few weeks ago.


The player believes PSG's budget could be limited next season to comply with Financial Fair Play rules - putting the quality of their squad at risk.


His reluctance to commit to a new deal in recent months has frustrated PSG's Qatari owners, who believe Messi's lack of response was a clear message he didn't want to stay


The 35-year-old was suspended by PSG for two weeks on Tuesday after travelling to Saudi Arabia without the club's permission.


Barcelona and Messi would be keen on securing a dream return for the forward to the Nou Camp but, with the La Liga leaders facing severe financial difficulties, a move back 'home' looks increasingly unlikely.


He also has interest from Inter Miami in Major League Soccer and an eyewatering offer of about 400m euros (£354m) to play in Saudi Arabia for a year with Al-Hilal.


Messi though believes he can still compete at the top of European football for another season - eyeing the chance to win a fifth Champions League trophy - but, with a move to Barcelona looking impossible, his options are looking increasingly limited.


Messi has scored 31 goals and contributed 34 assists in 71 games in all competitions for PSG, and won the Ligue 1 title last season.


Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.